Klicksmart Photography (“we”) is a photography studio based in Surrey, specialising in portraiture, weddings and commercial photography. We respect any personal data you share with us and fully intends to keep it safe. We take our responsibilities seriously and we ensure the personal information we obtain is held, used, transferred and otherwise processed in accordance with applicable data protection laws and regulations.
This statement sets out how, in our day to day activities, we process and store personal information relating to our clients, visitors to our website, entrants to competitions, promotions. This policy will be updated from time to time. If you have any questions about this policy or the ways in which we may process your personal data, please contact us in writing:
Klicksmart Photography, Data Protection Request, 80 Boundary Road, Carshalton, Surrey SM5 4AB
Our website is https://klicksmarphotography.com
What personal information do we collect?
Personal information is information that can be used to identify you or tell us about you. The type of personal information that we will usually collect from you can include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Your first and last name/address/telephone number(s)/email address, when you book an appointment, complete a contact form, complete a competition entry form
- Your age or date of birth at the time booking
- The details as per above of your partner or spouse that you provide at the time of the appointment or on our booking form
- The names and the age of those taking part to the photoshoot
- If you buy a voucher, the name, surname and address of the gift voucher recipient
- If we are providing wedding services, we may need to know the parents address if your package includes pre-wedding preparation coverage.
We will also record a date of birth for all persons we photograph under the age of 13 and require the parent or a legal guardian to consent to photography.
Obviously being a photographic business we also create and manage images as per our contractual agreement(s).
We store data in paper form, electronically or otherwise.
We do not hold your bank or credit/debit card details.
We do not sell your data to anyone.
We will mainly use your data to:
- Provide you with the services, products or information in response to your enquiry
- Keep a record of your relationship with us, eg to meet our legal, accounting or tax rules
- Ensure we know how you prefer to be contacted
- Understand how we can improve our services, products or information
How do we collect personal information?
We may collect your personal information directly from you, including when you:
- ask about our activities, promotions, services or register with us
- register for a promotion, event or for services
- engage with our social media pages or website
- order products and services
- through a referral
- someone has bought a gift voucher or you have won a free voucher
We do not collect “sensitive personal information” – however, flash photography is to be avoided for those with certain medical conditions, so we do ask if you suffer from any medical conditions for which flash photography cannot be used.
Why do we collect and how do we use your information?
We may collect your personal information for a number of reasons, which fall under the following broad categories.
Providing you with our products and services
Here we use personal information to:
- provide you with the services, products or information
- provide you with information about our services, promotions, products or our activities, that you have asked to receive
- deliver/send you messages about services or products that you have enquired about or have ordered
Administration and records
Here we use personal information:
- to process the services and products we provide to you
- where it is required or authorised by law
- for internal record keeping, such as the management of feedback or a complaint
Understanding and improving our products and services
Here we may use personal information to:
- invite you to participate in surveys or research
- analyse and improve the services and products we offer.
In order that we are able to tailor the experience our customers receive, making communications as relevant and timely as possible, we may use research briefing, consumer panels, as part of our research.
If you opt in, we may contact you for marketing purposes in the way(s) that you select ie by mail, email, telephone, mobile telephone or text. We may also send you service communications via email or text, for example to remind you of your appointment, to let you know that an order is ready or email, text or by social posting if you respond to our call to action, promotion or competition.
It is your choice on the type of communications and information you receive. You can change your mind at any time by contacting us at:
80 Boundary Road
Surrey SM5 4AB
Telephone: +44(0)7413 126222
Or if you receive an email from us, by clicking on the button ‘unsubscribe’ at the bottom of the email. We will not use your information for marketing purposes if you have asked us not to. However, we will retain your details on a suppression list to help ensure we do not continue to contact you.
Information sharing and disclosure
We may supply your personal data to a third party to provide you with the services or products, for marketing purposes, to personalise your experience, to communicate with you via a third party platform or you ask us to provide products that require us to engage a third party supplier. For example, we use third party systems: for the on-line appointment booking system, for paying for booking fees or vouchers on line, for text messages (individual or bulk message), Google Analytics, a specialised newsletter provider service or marketing provider, printing laboratories, album providers, website provider, email hosting providers.
All our suppliers are required to comply with data protection laws as well. Suppliers are either in the UK or Europe; when they are operating in the US, data is transferred to the US under the protection of EU/US privacy shield, or other standard data protection clauses negotiated adopted by the European Commission or the ICO.
There may be certain situations in which we may share access to your personal data for example, if required by law, to protect the life of an individual, or to comply with any valid legal process, government request, rule or regulation. We may disclose your personal information to third parties if we are required to do so through a legal obligation; to enable us to enforce or apply our terms and conditions or rights under an agreement. Other than as specified in this policy, we do not share your information for any other purposes.
The accuracy of your information
We aim to ensure that all information we hold about you is accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date. If any of the information we hold about you is inaccurate and either you advise us or we become otherwise aware, we will ensure it is amended and updated as soon as possible.
All aged 18 or under must be accompanied by a parent/guardian. When we collect information about a child or young person is because we need to prepare for a photoshoot appropriate to the type of age of children. In addition to your consent, we are collecting the consent of any of your children over 13 years who features in an image.
Storing your information
We will keep all your information confidential and secure: Your information may be stored in hard copy, in secure cabinet, in digital format protected by log-in/password. We use a secure website (SSL) for images.
Although most of the information we store and process stays within the UK, some information may be stored and processed to countries outside the European Economic Area. This may occur if, for example, one of our suppliers’ servers are located in a country outside the EU. In this respect we may rely on standard data protection clauses adopted by the European Commission or the ICO, EU/US Privacy Shield or other similar arrangements.
We will keep your information for as long as required to enable us to operate our services but we will not keep your information for any longer than is necessary. We will take into consideration the legal, tax and accounting obligations that apply to us when determining how long we should retain your information. When we no longer need to retain your information, we will ensure it is securely disposed of, at the appropriate time.
For our website we use a platform on WordPress. To make full use of our website you need to accept cookies. Without cookies you can still visit our website but some features may not work. More information on cookies can be found below. Our website is hosted on a secure server. Although we cannot 100 per cent guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, we have procedures and security features to protect your information and prevent unauthorised access.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we may put on your computer or mobile device when you access our website. These cookies allow us to distinguish you from other users of the website helping us to provide you with a good experience when you browse our website and also allow us to improve our site. For example, they will tell us whether you have visited our site before or whether you are a new visitor, what pages were visited and for how long.
You do not have to accept cookies, but without accepting them you may experience reduced website functionality. If you should wish to reject the cookies then please read the information that came with your browser software to see how you can turn off the automatic download feature. By otherwise accessing our website, you are agreeing to the terms of our cookie usage.
To find out more about cookies and how you can disable them you can visit the All about Cookies website.
In addition to the cookies set by our website, a visit to our site will also set cookies from other services that we have decided to use in order to help improve our site. For example:
- Google Analytics- We use this service to track and monitor website usage. This allows us to see more information about how the website is used, which helps us improve our website experience for visitors and also measure the effectiveness of any advertising. We able to collect data about site traffic via Google advertising cookies and anonymous identifiers.
You have the right to:
- the right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data
- the right of access to your personal data and any supplementary information
- the right to have any errors in your personal data rectified
- the right to have your personal data erased
- the right to block or suppressing the processing of your personal data
- the right to object to processing of your personal data in certain circumstances, and
- rights related to automated decision-making (i.e. where no humans are involved) and profiling (i.e. where certain personal data is processed to evaluate an individual).
While we do not hold personal data any longer than we need to. The duration will depend on your relationship with us, and whether it is ongoing. Personal data collected through entry to competitions, scratch cards, response to a promotion, on line entry to promotion is kept for 5 months; if there is a contractual agreement data collected is retained for upto 7 years, to comply with our obligations. If you wish to find out more about these rights, or obtain a copy of the information we hold about you, please contact us:
Data Protection Request, Klicksmart Photography, 80 Boundary Road, Carshalton, Surrey SM5 4AB
We hope that you will not have cause to complain about any aspect of our services. If a problem does arise you are, of course, entitled to complain – if you have any concerns or complaints that cannot be raised with us through the above details, you can also contact the Information Commissioner.
(last updated 26 May 2018)